Monday, February 16, 2009

About this..

It took me very long to think about what i want to include in my latest blog. Finally i came out with the idea to introduce everything about Ibans. The culture, the music, the lifestyle, the taboos, the legends, the food etc..

I am a pure Iban girl. But i don't really live in a long house because i was born in the urban city of Kuching and my village is also very near to the Malays village. I am assimilated with other cultures. But still i am an Iban in heart.

Talking about my iban blood, people seemed to confuse my look. Commonly people will mistake me as a Chinese but sometimes i do get mistaken for other races such as Malay, Bidayuh and the weirdest was Lun Bawang (Lun Bawang is one of the many ethnics in Sarawak). I don't know if i really look like that, but i know i don't look like a typical Iban because i also have mixed blood. My mum's dad was a mixed Iban-Chinese (means my ancestor was a Chinese), that was what my mum told me. I believe that.

So, here my first blog is to tell you how an Iban usually look like (what i discussed with my roomate).
you can see for yourself the look of ibans below...

1. Chinese eyes
2. Prominent cheek bones
3. Square shaped face
4. Usually straight hair, sometimes wavy

a beautiful iban girl...





















remind me to my grandpa..

No comments:

Post a Comment